Ginkgo (Ginkgo biloba) is a popular herbal medicine that has been used for thousand years. It is the oldest living tree species and one of the best-known examples of a living fossil. The tree itself can grow for up to 1,000 years. It grows in China and Korea as well as in Western countries.
Unlike many other medicinal herbs, ginkgo leaves are not frequently used in their crude state, but rather, in the form of a concentrated, standardized Ginkgo biloba extract (GBE). In Europe and the United States, ginkgo supplements are among the best-selling herbal products and it consistently ranks as medicine prescribed in France and Germany.
The extract of the ginkgo leaves contains flavonoid glycosi and terpenoids (ginkgolides, bilobalides) and has been use pharmaceutically in traditional Chinese medicine as memory concentration enhancer. Ginkgo Biloba works in several ways within the body (Smith PF, 1996).
• It improves blood flow (including microcirculation in small capillaries). This benefits all organs body tissues.
• It acts as an antioxidant and protects oxidative cell damage from free radicals. This will protect the central nervous system from some of the effects of aging.
• It may sharpen concentration and memory.
What is Ginkgolden™?
Ginkgolden™ Ginkgo Biloba Extract (Ginkgolden™ GBE) is the standardized Ginkgo biloba extract which is manufactured from dried gingko leaves under strict quality control standards. It complies with newly added USP specifications: Monograph of Powdered Ginkgo Extract.
- Ratio of Extraction: Between 35:1 to 67:1
- Flavonoids (Quercetin+ Kaempferol+ Isorhamnetin): 22% -27%
- Terpene lactones: 5.4% -12%
- Bilobalide: 2.6% -5.8%
- Ginkgolide A+Ginkgolide B+Ginkgolide C: 2.8%-6.2%
- Gingolic Acid<5ppm
The neuroprotective properties of the Ginkgo biloba leaf: a review of the possible relationship to platelet-activating factor (PAF). Smith PF, etc. 3, 1996, Journal of ethnopharmacology, Vol. 50, pp. 131-139.
Note: This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.